Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dear Reader 35


Jason Chen said...
Hi,
Your blog is amazing! It really helped me out a lot when I was choosing classes. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any tips for Physics 8A. I have Deweese next fall, who I heard was pretty easy. But then again, I was terrible at AP Physics in high school haha.

Thanks,
Jason

Dear Jason,
Sorry about the late reply! Glad I can help! :D 
You're really lucky to be taking physics with Deweese. I took some of his tests for practice for my midterms and they were pretty easy- very straightforward. If you had Charman or Bordel, it would be a different story. I heard Deweese is also a very good teacher so I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as learning the material goes.. Tips for Physics 8A: As far as Deweese goes, you need to get the concepts down since his questions are simple and they test straight forward concepts- not highly theoretical/conceptual like Charman and Bordel, so actually doing the problems on mastering physics might be a good idea, instead of getting the answers off the internet like everyone else does (including myself! haha). I attempted mastering physics up until the first midterm and then slacked off for the rest of the semester. Although a lot of people view it as a waste of time, I regret not taking mastering physics seriously.. I think it helped me do well on the first midterm since I was so determined to get the mastering physics problems down, and thus, the concepts down. If Deweese's lectures aren't helping you learn the material, then find another way to learn it ASAP. That's what I had to do with Charman and it helped tremendously! Lastly, the class can go pretty fast, especially the second half of the course, so make sure you attend lecture or else you can fall behind. If you need extra help, remember that there's SLC and BioEHS study groups (BioEHS is better in my opinion- SLC problems are too easy). I hope this helps! And don't worry- I didn't do so well in AP physics either but I did alright in physics 8A :) 

Best of Luck! 
-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment