Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On Organic Chemistry Part I

I know its been a while since I posted (again) but I was busy with my classes. Once again, I apologize. :)
So, this semester, I'm taking the dreaded and notorious organic chemistry. Like many before me, I was terrified of ochem, mainly due to the horror stories about how difficult ochem is and how it's the biggest weeder class in college, etc etc. However, lucky for me (and the rest of my ochem class), our teacher this semester is none other than Carolyn Bertozzi, and to put it frankly, she's a genius- literally. Look her up  on google hahaha. Supposedly, she won this prestigious 'genious' award at a very young age. Anyhow, everyone was scared about her teaching because she was known as the 'new' ochem teacher since she hadn't taught in over ten years (nothing on courserank and ratemyprof). Bertozzi is, how should I say this... she's very cool- a lot like Obama. Obama might be old and elite, but he's someone that a lot of the youth can relate to and very down-to-earth. He's cool. And so is Bertozzi. She makes jokes here and there during lecture and it's like talking with a friend more than an internationally renowned chemist.

Enough about the teacher.

Today was our first ochem midterm (out of the two midterms and one final we have to take for the class), and I would have to say that it was o.k... fair... more difficult than the practice tests but fair nonetheless. Not like genchem where we didn't know what to study for and the lectures were absolutely pointless...

But I can't say anything until I get my results back, in which case, you will be the first to know!

Between genchem and ochem however, I would have to say that I like ochem far more than general chemistry. Usually its the other way around, but for the kids at berkeley, ochem over genchem seems to be the general consensus : )

I have a math midterm tomorrow and a classics midterm on friday...

Wish me luck!

-K

1 comment:

  1. We also provide analytical services and laboratory services to our customers. mer-Ir(Pmb)3

    ReplyDelete