Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the Asian Rant on Youtube

For those of you who do not follow Youtube like a religion like many people do, there has been a video going around about a girl at UCLA who rants about Asians and their rude manners, especially talking in the library. There are a few things I would like to address about that video. 
First, Asians did not come from Asia yesterday. I believe we've been here for some time... For those who have immigrated recently, I'm pretty sure they're smart enough to acculturate themselves with the manners here (not like they're very different)... 
Second, Chinese, or any other Asian language for that matter, does not sound like "Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong", and if you're going to mock the Asian language, then get your dialect right at least... 
Third, the video showed a complete lack of regard for the people affected by the Tsunami in Japan. 

I understand that the girl in the video probably didn't expect the video to blow up like it did, but that's no excuse for posting the video up in the first place, where it can be accessed and spread like a disease. I talked to one of my friends at UCLA and she said she got an email from the dean. She thinks the girl might be expelled because the dean stated in the email that they do not tolerate this on their campus and so on and so forth (although in my opinion, expulsion is slightly extreme). 

Speaking of UCLA, Congratulations to those who got accepted! And if you didn't, who wants to go to a school with those kind of people (meaning the racist prick) anyway? ; ) If you didn't get in, no worries, it just wasn't meant to be, and wherever you do end up will be the school where you say "I'm so glad I decided to come here : )" 

-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment