Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dear Reader 42

Hello K! Can you list some easy 3-4 units filler classes so I can meet the 13 unit minimum? I have heard MCB c62 was quite interesting/easy. Is that true? How about EPS C12? I would take Decals but they're at night and night classes are not for me. Thanks! :) 

Dear Anonymous,

I am so sorry about the late reply! I hope it's not too late to help you with your classes. I haven't taken too many filter classes, but from the ones I've taken, I know psych 2 (3 units- no discussion) is incredibly easy and interesting too. Also, Asian American studies (4 units) was easy as well but the class is slightly boring (although I did learn a lot). I've also taken Anthro 3ac (2ac?) and Classics 10B- anthro did not interest me in the slightest but tests were fair so overall it was an ok class- i wouldn't call it an easy A however, and Classics was very interesting and taught by an amazing professor but it was hard to pull off a good grade so I changed it to P/NP and ended up enjoying it a lot more afterwards haha. I haven't taken MCB c62 myself, but my roommate took it last year and said it would be fairly easy for someone with a biology background and should be an easy A. I'm not sure about EPS- I hear different things, some are easy yet extremely boring and some are hard but extremely interesting- be careful when signing up for those classes haha. Also, a lot of students say that nutrisci 10 might seem easy but it's actually pretty difficult to get an A so beware haha. Oh! I almost forgot- soc 3 is supposed to be easy as well (4 units?- no discussion). :) 

Hope this helps!! 

-K 

3 comments:

  1. Hi K,
    so I had a rough first semester, with an extremely low grade in a class that tanked my gpa. First semester: 2.98 GPA Second semester: 3.71 GPA, CUM: 3.35
    I know I may have 2 more years before I want to apply, but it seems unrealistic that I will get 4.0's every semester to reach 3.6+, though it is the goal I am striving toward. Do you think, realistically, I still have a chance at a top tier med school? Or even any med school. Also, any advice for contacting professors and finding research for the school year? I'm currently interning at a biotech company, but I don't think I have enough classes under my belt to be of use in a professor's lab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ LOL, it's Chem 1A huh?!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K,
    Can you tell us about your hospital volunteer experiences? How often do you volunteer each week and what type of work do you do? Is there clinical exposure involved? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete