Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dear Reader 31


Anonymous said...
I heard that taking science/pre-med req courses are frowned upon and might hurt medical school admission. Is this true or just rumors trying to scare the pre-med students?

Dear Anonymous,
You're going to have to clarify a bit for me- do you mean taking science/premed prereqs at a cc is frowned upon? If so, then yes, taking prereqs at a community college might hurt med school admission chances since the science classes are so much easier than taking them at a 4 year university. For instance, a 3.8 science gpa at a cc will not hold as much weight as a 3.8 science gpa at say... Berkeley. But once again, I'm going to need some clarification haha :) 

-K 

2 comments:

  1. I was planning on taking science class/ pre-med required classes at University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) which is like Study Abroad but during summer that are connected to University of California. Credits are transferable to any UC universities. But some rumors say that med schools don't like students taking science courses during summer since its much easier. Is this a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it on the internet and some of my friends recommend taking summer classes so that I can make some space in my schedule for other classes that I want to take. But others say don't and I'm confused whether if it's okay to take science class during summer for pre-med student or not :(

    ReplyDelete