Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dear Reader 14


Anonymous said...

what do you think about taking bio 1a/l and chem 3b (without 3bl), and then taking chem 3bl and physics 8a over the summer? or maybe just 3bl over the summer?

Dear Anonymous,

I think taking bio 1a/l and chem 3b is definitely doable (not easy, but doable)- as long as your other classes don't take up too much time. Physics is supposed to be easier in the summer so taking 8a and chem 3bl over the summer shouldn't be too bad either :) 

Hope everything works out! 

From,

2 comments:

  1. Hi K,
    I have a few scheduling questions as well:
    -as an IB Major, I'm recommended to take CHEM 3A/L and Math 16B or BIO 1B spring semester. would it be wise to take Chem and bio together, or put one off for Fall 2012? (if so, which one?)
    -is it a good idea to take difficult courses, like physics 8A, in the summer? Would that affect my standing when applying to med school?
    -I took and got a 5 on the AP English Lit class, which makes me exempt from R1A and R1B requirements, but I heard that med schools require some college writing. Should I take one semester or two? and do you have any recommendations for good english classes? (I'm a strong writer, but I don't want a heavy workload in that area)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,
    I want to get started in research this year but it's really hard to find open positions. I haven't heard back from any of the people I've contacted. Do you have any advice on how I can find research?

    ReplyDelete