Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear Readers 7 & 8


Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog! You really provide in-depth answers to people's questions. :)

I hope you don't mind me asking if you could recommend any awesome premed clubs

Dear Anonymous, 

Unfortunately, I can't help you on this one :( 
I sought to join a few clubs at the beginning of the year but I couldn't find one that suited me. However, I know AMSA is probably the most popular club among the pre-med/health students. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help! If you haven't already, check out this link- 
 https://career.berkeley.edu/health/CalClubs.stm
I hope it helps! 

-K 


Alice said...

Hi K! this is such a helpful blog, and I'm so glad you actually take time to answer questions. that being said, I was wondering (since I read that you took the math 16 series) if you have any 16A or 16B books for sale? Or if not, where did you get yours/where do you recommend getting them? thank you!
Dear Alice,

I sold my books to my roommate after the year ended, but you can get the books at Ned's, which is right across the street from campus (by Sather Lane- I got both of mine there) or at the university bookstore (downstairs). I recommend buying the used ones- after a while, it doesn't make much of a difference whether your book is new or used ;) 

Hope this helped! 

-K 


1 comment:

  1. thanks for replying so quickly! I'm really impressed by all your info, and it did help. :) So, I'm in the textbook-buying stage, and I still had a couple questions about the supplies we need...

    - I've managed to get a chem textbook for cheap, but I don't know where I can buy the OWL code for it. My friend said the edition of the textbook doesn't matter much, but that the OWL code is essential. where can I find that?
    - What's the lab manual required for Chem 1AL?
    - Do I have to buy the lab notebook suggested by the Cal bookstore, or would one of my own work? (it's a really nice, lab notebook I've used in previous science classes... does it matter whether I've used about half of it or not?)
    - and lastly, does Math 16A and 16B use two separate textbooks?

    thank you, again; you're a saint!

    ReplyDelete