Saturday, February 5, 2011

On Toy Story 3


Now I'm not the biggest fan of the Toy Story franchise, but I must say, Toy Story 3 was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Not that the story line was amazing or anything (although it was pretty good), but the fact that it was so relatable made the movie one of my all time favorites. In the movie (for those of you who haven't seen it), Andy makes his final preparations to go off to college. In doing so, he has to give up his toys and his mom recommends he donate them to a daycare center (was it a daycare? I can't remember). Well, it so happens that the daycare toys are overrun by a dictator bear Lotso (who also smells like strawberries apparently).

Anyway, in the movie, Andy ultimately decides to give the toys to a family friend/neighbor's young daughter. And as he's playing with her and the toys, it broke my heart to think that our childhood was really coming to an end (mind you, I was freaking out about going to college and really sad to be leaving my home and friends). And it took all my willpower not to cry when Andy drove away into the sunset with his toys looking after him (I was with my younger sister so to have cried would have been embarrassing hahaha).

We grew up with Andy, and when he left for college, we too were leaving for college. The movie really hit-home the fact that we were all grown up and we had to move on, and that, my friends, is a really scary thing to realize. And when it does, believe it or not, you'll be ready. Just hang in there. I promise it'll get better : )

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment