Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dear Reader 63

Anonymous said...
Hey K!
I have a question regarding about Physics 8A. So I did not do so well in the class (barely passed) is it better to retake the class and boost the grade? I heard from my friend that if I retake the class it will not count toward my gpa.
Please let me know thank you!

Dear Anonymous, 

Thanks for stopping by! (I'm assuming barely passing is a D? If it's a C, then I would say it depends on how many C's you have so far :)  I believe taking it again would be a good (and necessary if it's a D) idea (I know it's hard!), especially since it's a 'fundamental' prereq, and you want to show the adcoms that you have a decent grasp on the basic sciences. As for whether or not it'll count towards your gpa- i've heard different takes on it. On one hand, I've heard that the re-take grade does not count towards your overall gpa, but it still appears on your transcript. On the other hand, I've heard that some schools average your pre-and-post grades, and that's what they include in your overall gpa and BCPM gpa. However, it seems like it varies with each school, so I can't say which is correct for sure :/ I wish I could have been more helpful-sorry! 
Best of luck! :)
-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment