Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dear Reader 54

Hi K,
I read in a previous post about how you needed to get a chickenpox vaccination to volunteer for Alta Bates.

But from what I understand, since we were born in the era of "getting chickenpox once is enough immunity" (i.e. before the varicella vaccine was standardized) do I still need to have proof of vaccination to volunteer? Or can I just get a blood titer for chickenpox antibodies and save myself some money?

Thanks in advance!


Dear Anonymous,

Yes, you can just get a blood titer :) 

-K

P.S Here's the link for the health clearance requirements: 
http://www.altabatessummit.org/how/volunteer-health-clearance.html#Chickenpox%20(Varicella)


2 comments:

  1. can you post about the classes you're taking this next semester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K,

    I wasn't able to get into a Chem 3AL lab this semester and I won't be able to take summer classes this year. Is it feasible to take Bio 1A/L and Physics 8A as well as Chem 3AL in the fall? This is really messing up my plans, since I wanted to take Chem 3B/L next spring and I heard you need 3AL to take 3BL.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete