Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dear Reader 53



Anonymous said...
Hi! I really love how informative your blog is. I'm a FPF student so I plan to take Chem 3A and 3AL in the summer. However, there's only N3AL (online lecture). Would some medical schools not approve of this? 

Also my second question is what do you think about double majoring in MCB and Public Health? Would that be too much to handle?

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you! That's a tough question to answer, and I would suggest asking a premed advisor about this one. I've heard that medical schools do accept online premed courses but I'm not sure if it's frowned upon or not :/ If the premed advisor can't give you a sure answer, you could try emailing some medical schools and see what they say. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this subject! :( As for your second question, I would say that depends on you haha. MCB is a tough major to do well in. If you've been doing well in your prereqs so far (plus upper div biochem) then upper divs shouldn't be that bad. However, if you've struggled a bit, I would suggest focusing on one major and do as well as you can in it. If you still want to double major, try taking one or two upper divs first and see how you do and see if it's manageable. Also, public health is a capped major so it's tough to get in already :/ Once again, I believe an advisor (MCB) would be helpful with this question, since he/she will be able to look at your grades and track and give you the best advice accordingly :) 
Best of luck! 
-K 


No comments:

Post a Comment