Thursday, October 14, 2010

On Weeder Classes

The one myth that really scared me coming into college was the notorious "weeder classes". These classes included chemistry, biology, and physics I believe. Basically, all the classes all the intended pre-meds sign up for. Unfortunately, being a pre med myself, I will be taking said classes and praying against all hope that I do remotely well in them (meaning, don't fall below a B). Right now, I'm taking chem 1A at berkeley, one of the weeder classes at cal. And so far, it's winning. The second chem midterm that I mentioned in my last post was absolutely ridiculous. I think one girl cried during the test it was so hard. However, the test difficulty varies by year. And since this year seems to be the hard year, next year should be easier, at least that's what the practice test trends are- easy-hard-easy-hard.

We'll see how bio and physics go.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment