Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dear Reader 56


Anonymous said...
Hi K,

I wasn't able to get into a Chem 3AL lab this semester and I won't be able to take summer classes this year. Is it feasible to take Bio 1A/L and Physics 8A as well as Chem 3AL in the fall? This is really messing up my plans, since I wanted to take Chem 3B/L next spring and I heard you need 3AL to take 3BL.

Thanks!

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for stopping by! It depends on whether or not you can manage your time and work load well- really well. I took chem 3B/L and physics 8A together and it was fine, mostly because physics 8A wasn't too difficult and not too demanding. Bio 1A (lecture) wasn't too bad, but studying for the labs were terrible (and I think most people would agree), especially since the lab has both a midterm and a final. Chem 3AL wasn't bad either, but I think it was largely due to the GSI that I had. Overall, I would say yes, it is feasible but you'll have a tough work load, since bio 1AL and chem 3AL take a lot of time to prep and study for. You could try it out for a week or two and if you feel like it's too much to handle (look ahead on the syllabus!) or you might not do as well in one of the classes, drop one of them asap- it's not worth damaging your gpa haha :) Sorry I couldn't offer better advice! 
Have a great first week of classes! 
-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment