Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dear Reader 18


Grace said...

hello K! Another Chem 1A-er here. just wanted to ask about the final exam, which is coming up... I'm a little nervous. Do you know where I can get ahold of some practice exams/questions? and do you have any good studying tips or advice for the actual test? (we covered a LOT of material, and going through every webcast/lecture seems pretty daunting) :P
Thanks!


Hey Grace! 

I got a hold of some practice exams by looking for them on google- i'm not sure about the exact website though- so sorry! I know they're out there though :) 

As for the final, I looked over the lecture notes and didn't bother with the webcasts. Do all of the practice tests/questions you can and then go to GSI office hours and go over the ones you don't know with them. I found that to be the most helpful. As you probably have figured out by now, the exams are extremely conceptual, so go to office hours with 'conceptual' questions because the final will have questions that are very broad- one of the questions on our final had to do with looking at suns and stars and their molecular orbitals...i think... hahaha. But other than that, I feel like the chem  tests are a toss-up; it's hard to study for them because you don't exactly know what to study for. So learn the concepts and how to apply them backwards and forwards and take advantage of the GSI office hours :) 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment