Friday, June 10, 2011

On the Summer After


So you just finished high school. Now what?
My advice: enjoy every bit of this summer. It'll pass way too quickly and before you know it, you'll be working your brains out for your first midterm.
The summer after I graduated from high school, I traveled to Korea and stayed with my grandparents for around two months, along with my cousin. When I was there, my grandparents, as a graduation gift, bought tickets to go to Hong Kong and Macau! So the four of us, my grandparents, my cousin, and myself took a tour of Hong Kong, and I must say, it was very very hot and humid hahaha. When we got back, the rest of my family and my uncle's family arrived in Korea and all of us went on a trip to Phuket, Thailand (also very hot and humid). Then we took a tour of north Korea, going all the way to the DMZ (the demilitarized zone between south and north Korea).




During our stay in Korea, a family friend, who happened to be a PD working for SBS (Korean TV channel) gave us tickets to go see Ooh Cha Sa (Korean televised comedy show), which was amazing since we got to go back stage and meet the actors (when I went to Korea this past winter, I went to see the Korean variety show Star King). In all, that summer was truly unforgettable and I was semi-ready to buckle down and tackle whatever challenges Berkeley had to offer. Or so I thought ; )







Remember to cherish every moment with your family and friends. Although you may be dying to move out of the house and start your life as an independent college student, remember that your time with the ones you love is very limited. Make sure you leave your home on a good note- help your parents around the house and siblings, have lunch with your friends often, take lots of pictures- both stupid and fun. This is your only summer where you are finished with everything and have everything to look forward to- make it last :D

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment