Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On Being Done- Finally ; )

First year of college has officially ended for me : )
I had my last final today- ochem. How did i do? I'm not sure exactly. All I can say is, the test was fair. It wasn't ridiculously hard like the second midterm (average was 40%) or easy like the first one. I just hope I get a B in that class...
As for my other finals, math 16B was crazy hard. I know what you might be thinking- psh, it's 16B! It's supposed to be the easiest math class! .... I know... but for some reason, it was a challenge this semester. I don't even know if I can pull off a B- at this point hahaha. Two C's on my transcript is not going to look so good for med school... *sigh... We'll see..
Classics final was o.k- not too bad- but I pass/no passed it so I didn't concern myself with it too much. Asian American studies final was a bit difficult...
Overall, my gpa isn't looking too good right now, but once again.. we'll see..
I'll do a review of the classes I took this semester (like I did for last semester) once I get my final grades. Then I'll be able to assess everything. : )

Anyway, now that finals are over, I've started packing all my things to go home tomorrow : )
Surprisingly, I fit all my books and whatnot into one box + bag which is an incredible feat hahaha

I feel myself sinking into a depression as my time in the dorms draws to a close. Over the year, I've gotten to know great people who have become great friends. I just hope we can keep in touch over the years.
On a positive note, we're all living somewhat close to each other next year so that should be fun : )

Looking back at this semester, I can say that it was a lot of work- a lot more work than my first semester. But on the other hand, I enjoyed this semester a whole lot more, mainly because I had amazing teachers and became better acquainted with my floormates and roommates.
Looking back through the year, I feel like the year went by way too quickly. It was a tremendous growing experience- from moving out, to failing tests, to getting out of comfort zones, to making new friends- and I feel so fortunate to have the experience that I did.

Summer plans: Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any classes at the community colleges where I live (damn budget cuts) so I'll hopefully find a job this summer. I plan to get a head start on my reading for next semester for both my english class and ochem 3B (yikes), and hopefully travel a little. : )

2nd year plans: So for next semester, I plan on taking chem 3B (ochem second semester), english R1B, and music (gpa booster-I need to take it easy after this semester). I also got a lab position at the Lawrence Berkeley lab so I'm both scared and excited about that hahaha. Plus, we'll be living in an apartment next year so that'll be a whole different adventure ; )

I'll post again during the summer regarding college for all the incoming freshman and I'll keep you updated as much as possible.

Thank and have a fantastic summer!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment