Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On Winter Break and Spring Semester

This winter break, my parents let me go to Korea for a bit over three weeks. I know this has nothing to do with being a premed at Berkeley, but i'll try to tie some things in as I go along.

Not realizing that korea is about -17 C in the winter, all I brought were t-shirts and some hoodies.
I could barely breathe outside because every breath I took felt like knives were stabbing my lungs out. It was that cold! When relatives would ask where I went to college and I told them I went to Berkeley, they were like "Music Major?" and I responded with a puzzled look because EVERYONE I talked to asked if I was a music major. Turns out, there's a Berkeley College somewhere on the East Coast where a lot of korean celebrities attended. Kinda hurt my ego... hahaha

So yesterday, I came back to berkeley after a month-long break and although I was glad to see my roommates, I was sad to have to leave Korea and my family at home in the central valley. I was even more upset at my ochem lab schedule. Dilemma: during telebears, I signed up for organic chemistry at my appointed time. However, there was only one spot left for lab so I took it, naturally, thinking that i'll just change my time later on. Then, a few days before school started, I got an email stating that I couldn't change my lab section. The problem was that my lab section conflicted with two of my other classes. So for the past few weeks, I've been desperately trying to find other classes that would work with my set-in-stone lab section. The other problem is that all the classes are full! So I'm waitlisted for more than half of my classes and at this point, I don't really know what to do. I'm really hoping that people start dropping because if they don't... i'm so screwed...

One piece of advice: Telebears (for future cal students) absolutely sucks. Make sure you check courserank and ratemyprofessor for each class. It'll save you a lot of heartache and pain. : )

-K

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was wondering where you could learn about research opportunities on campus. Are they competitive?

    ReplyDelete